ZEISS DriveSafe Lenses From Gibson & Syme
According to lens manufacturer ZEISS, 83% of spectacle wearers also drive. Are you one of them? If so ZEISS have developed eyewear lenses just for you. They’re called DriveSafe, are available from Gibson & Syme optical specialists in Edinburgh, and they make driving a safer and much more enjoyable experience for spectacle wearers.
50% of car accidents occur after dark
Recent findings show that in the UK 50% of all fatal car accidents occur after dark, even though fewer miles are driven at night. The main problem is poor illumination and drivers constantly having to adapt to varying light conditions. When driving at night our pupils open wider to allow in the limited light. This is called using our scotopic vision. When we see the glare of a street light, our pupils contract and when we look at our illuminated dashboard, they must adjust again. This continual adjustment from driving in low light to bright light can affect how quickly we react to hazards on the road. ZEISS DriveSafe lenses are designed to take these factors into account and allows to wear just one pair of spectacles both day and night and for al other tasks you need to do.
What makes DriveSafe lenses special?
- DriveSafe lenses are specially designed for all light conditions. This means you can wear one pair of spectacles all day and all night, even when driving after dark.
- They are available as single vision or progressive lenses (also known as varifocals).
- DriveSafe lenses use Luminance Design® Technology which takes account of your pupil-size in low light conditions thereby allowing the right amount of light in to reduce drastic changes.
- ZEISS DriveSafe lenses include up to 43% larger mid-distance zone. This helps us eyesight focus more quickly when our attention switches from dashboard to mirrors. They also have up to 14% larger far-distance vision for a wider view of the road which allows us to spot any hazards such as people walking out from between parked cars.
- DriveSafe lenses are not just effective after. They also make driving in low-light daytime conditions such as fog and mist less stressful.
Contact Gibson & Syme and find out more about ZEISS DriveSafe lenses
For more details on ZEISS DriveSafe lenses contact Gibson & Syme in Edinburgh on 0131 553 9000 or call in and meet our optical experts.